On August 7, 2014, the Civil Aviation Administration of China issued a relevant announcement on the regulations for civil aviation passengers to carry "power banks". As soon as this news came out, it caused heated discussions in the mobile power industry. Shenzhen Sizheng Electronics mobile power supply manufacturer believes that this announcement will help speed up the standardization process of the mobile power supply market and promote the harmonious, orderly and healthy development of the mobile power supply industry chain!
The collective content of the announcement is as follows:
Power bank refers to a lithium battery mobile power supply whose main function is to provide external power for mobile phones and other electronic devices. According to the currently valid International Civil Aviation Organization "Technical Rules for the Safe Air Transport of Dangerous Goods" and "Administrative Regulations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods in Civil Aviation of China", passengers carrying power banks should abide by the following regulations:
1. The power bank must be carried by passengers for personal use.
2. The power bank can only be carried in hand luggage or carried with you, and it is strictly forbidden to carry it in your checked luggage.
3. The rated energy of the power bank does not exceed 100Wh, without the approval of the airline; the rated energy exceeds 100Wh but not more than 160Wh, it can be carried only after the approval of the airline, but each passenger shall not carry more than two power banks.
4. It is strictly forbidden to carry the power bank with a rated energy exceeding 160Wh; it is strictly forbidden to carry a power bank that does not indicate the rated energy and also fails to calculate the rated energy through the other parameters marked.
5. Do not use power banks to charge electronic devices during the flight. For the power bank with a start switch, the power bank should always be turned off during the flight.
The above regulations also apply to crew members.
This announcement shall come into effect on the date of publication.
Attachment: Judgment method of power bank's rated energy
If the rated energy Wh (watt hour) is not directly marked on the power bank, the rated energy of the power bank can be converted as follows:
1. If the nominal voltage (V) and nominal capacity (Ah) of the power bank are known, the value of the rated energy can be obtained by calculation: Wh=VxAh
The nominal voltage and nominal capacity are usually marked on the power bank.
2. If only milliampere hour (mAh) is marked on the power bank, divide the value by 1000 to get ampere hour (Ah).
For example: the nominal voltage of the power bank is 3.7V, the nominal capacity is 760mAh, and its rated energy is: 760mAh÷1000=0.76Ah, 3.7V×0.76Ah=2.9Wh